Contract development and negotiation for electricity supply
- Identification of objectives, research, model and assess options to set targets for the negotiations.
- Prepare and review negotiation strategy options to deliver desired outcomes.
- Negotiate with parties for energy supply agreements (electricity, crude oil and natural gas) and related commercial agreements.
- Stakeholder management.
- Assess commercial viability of proposed energy related projects, carry out detailed scenario modelling and development of the appropriate business plans.
- Manage and / or participate in teams for research, assessment, planning, development and achievement of nominated projects outcomes.
- Investigate, research and develop strategies for new sales opportunities to develop new business associated with projects.
Strategic positioning and tactics
- Energy market reviews to identify opportunities and risks.
- Formulate over-arching strategic plans to achieve business and specific project goals and desired outcomes, and promote these to the relevant stakeholders.
Operational and technical assistance for new projects
(eg electricity supply and gas pipeline operation)
- Assessment of on-site technology and system electricity utilisation / efficiencies to improve productivity and reduce overall energy costs.
- Assessment of quality parameters associated with electricity quality of supply, gas specification, maximum demand, energy volumes, pipeline and plant capacities, measurement and allocation etc.
New Projects in the oil & gas sector
- Assisted major Australian oil & gas companies to identify and secure new international and Australian exploration acreage.
- Initiate and progress Australian projects for gas supply to underpin large new export LNG supply options to Asia.
- Participated in the identification and review of overseas exploration acreage opportunities, including negotiations with foreign Governments and state owned oil & gas companies.